The Continuum Foundation (ConFound) has announced this year’s finalists for the 2018 Aurealis Awards. Two books from Tor.com Publishing, Corey J. White’s Static Ruin and Kirstyn McDermott’s Triquetra, have been nominated, as well as Sam Hawke’s City of Lies, which was published by Tor Books in the U.S., and Penguin Random House in Australia. The winners of the 2018 Aurealis Awards, Sara Douglass Book Series Award, and the Convenors’ Award for Excellence will be announced at the Aurealis Awards ceremony, which will be held in Melbourne on Saturday May 4, 2019.
BEST FANTASY NOVEL
- Devouring Dark, Alan Baxter (Grey Matter Press)
- Lady Helen and the Dark Days Deceit, Alison Goodman (HarperCollins Publishers)
- City of Lies, Sam Hawke (Penguin Random House)
- Lightning Tracks, Alethea Kinsela (Plainspeak Publishing)
- The Witch Who Courted Death, Maria Lewis (Hachette Australia)
- We Ride the Storm, Devin Madson (self-published)
BEST SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL
- Scales of Empire, Kylie Chan (HarperCollins Publishers)
- Obsidio, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (Allen & Unwin)
- Lifel1k3, Jay Kristoff (Allen & Unwin)
- Dyschronia, Jennifer Mills (Picador Australia)
- A Superior Spectre, Angela Meyer (Ventura Press)
- The Second Cure, Margaret Morgan (Penguin Random House)
Head over to The Aurealis Awards site for more information and details of the other categories!