2019 Philip K. Dick Award Nominees Announced — January 12, 2019
The judges of the 2018 Philip K. Dick Award and the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society, along with the Philip K. Dick Trust, are pleased to announce the six nominated works that comprise the final ballot for the award:
- TIME WAS by Ian McDonald (Tor.com)
- THE BODY LIBRARY by Jeff Noon (Angry Robot)
- 84K by Claire North (Orbit)
- ALIEN VIRUS LOVE DISASTER: STORIES by Abbey Mei Otis (Small Beer Press)
- THEORY OF BASTARDS by Audrey Schulman (Europa Editions)
- AMBIGUITY MACHINES AND OTHER STORIES by Vandana Singh (Small Beer Press)
First prize and any special citations will be announced on Friday, April 19, 2019 at Norwescon 42 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport, SeaTac, Washington.
The Philip K. Dick Award is presented annually with the support of the Philip K. Dick Trust for distinguished science fiction published in paperback original form in the United States during the previous calendar year.
The award is sponsored by the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society and the Philip K. Dick Trust and the award ceremony is sponsored by the Northwest Science Fiction Society.
The 2018 judges are Madeline Ashby, Brian Attebery, Christopher Brown, Rosemary Edghill, and Jason Hough (chair).