The winners of the 2017 Locus Awards were announced at Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle on June 24.
- SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL: Death’s End, Cixin Liu (Tor; Head of Zeus)
- FANTASY NOVEL: All the Birds in the Sky, Charlie Jane Anders (Tor; Titan)
- HORROR NOVEL: The Fireman, Joe Hill (Morrow)
- YOUNG ADULT BOOK: Revenger, Alastair Reynolds (Gollancz; Orbit US ’17)
- FIRST NOVEL: Ninefox Gambit, Yoon Ha Lee (Solaris US; Solaris UK)
- NOVELLA: Every Heart a Doorway, Seanan McGuire (Tor.com Publishing)
- NOVELETTE: “You’ll Surely Drown Here If You Stay”, Alyssa Wong (Uncanny 5-6/16)
- SHORT STORY: “Seasons of Glass and Iron“, Amal el-Mohtar (The Starlit Wood)
- ANTHOLOGY: The Big Book of Science Fiction, Ann & Jeff VanderMeer, eds. (Vintage)
- COLLECTION: The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories, Ken Liu (Saga; Head of Zeus)
- EDITOR: Ellen Datlow
- ARTIST: Julie Dillon
- NON-FICTION: The Geek Feminist Revolution, Kameron Hurley (Tor)
- ART BOOK: Charles Vess, Walking Through the Landscape of Faerie (Faerie Magazine)
Full list of all awards, winners and nominees, on the Locus Online site.
The Locus Awards are chosen by a survey of readers in an open online poll that runs from February 1 to April 15.