Quick audio quiz:
- Which hardboiled detective has been dealing with angels in Chicago?
The Angel’s Kiss by Melodie Malone is the book the Doctor was reading when he and Amy and Rory were sitting in Central Park at the beginning of The Angels Take Manhattan. The book has been properly completed, and was released as a BBC audiobook, read by Alex Kingston. So the answer is Melodie Malone/Alex Kingston
- Which series is set in a world where disputes are settled by duels, often fought by professional swords for hire?
Ellen Kushner’s Swordspoint trilogy
- What radio serial is connected by the London tube stations? (Hint: not Mornington Crescent.)
It is, of course, Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere. It started out as a 6-part TV series, followed by a novelisation, audio book, complete extended edition novel. It’s also appeared as a comic written by Mike Carey. In 2010 it became a hit stage play for Chicago’s Lifeline Theatre. March 2013 saw an all-star radio adaptation by BBC 4
- Who are the Android Sisters and how are they connected to PK Dick?
Two frankies (androids) who appear in the first Ruby radio series, singing songs including Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep?, the title of the PK Dick novel made into the film Bladerunner.
- Name two australian podcasts which have been nominated for Hugo and/or world fantasy awards. Galactic Suburbia, The Coode St Podcast, The Writer and the Critic were all nominated for fancast Hugos in 2014; Galactic Suburbia won in 2015.